Everyone is doing their best, especially my daughter

My daughter has played piano for 10 years, she is working on her grade 9 pieces this year. They were hard, hard as rock. She would eat, drink, and go to washroom many times before she start her daily practice. Once started, it wouldn't took long for her to find excuses for a break.

I pushed, reminded and offered to help. But I think, all I did was nagging: "you are not working hard enough."

She screamed, cried, and smudged her snot all over the couch. She rolled up like a potato bug, just like what she would when she was that new born baby fifteen years ago.

It was my fault. It was just like how many years I have been working myself, I needed to learn to see that effort, the struggle in everything.

I didn't see how hard she was trying. I didn't see that.

Today's lesson was for me.

Everyone is doing their best. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring framework, Hibernate and MySQL Replication

Exposed Domain Object implemented with Spring Aspect Transaction Control + AspectJ

the Art of Kindling a Light in the darkness of mere being