Scripting

Have been thinking about learning a powerful script language for a while. I am not bad on Bash. Bash probably is the most guaranteed tool when you need a scripting language. You can find it on every machine these days. It definitly worth to spend sometime if you use *nix.

Last night, I felt that I have to do something about my scripting skills. Walked up to my computer, did a quick search on google, before long, I found I need to choose one from Python and Ruby. Did 30 minutes reading, among these two languages, I decided I will learn Ruby. Why, here are the reasons.
  • I live in Java world. Python use "indent" to mark the boundary, made me feel unsecure.
  • I do web applications. Ruby on Rails is another attraction that Ruby have on me.
  • Ruby's Completely OO. I am curious about what Ruby's OO looks like.
IMO, to learn which one probably doesn't really matter. Ruby just happened fit in my knowledge base better.

===============================================
After about two weeks learning, tried Ruby on Rails. I have to say it's impressive. The language is not bad. However, I feel the amount I know about it is good for now. Ruby and Rails are good for some certain type of applications. People who love Ruby and Rails might will try to push Ruby and Rails to its limit. But if I am asked to implement the web site I am working on again, I will still choose Java.

Anyway, I am back to my comfort Java corner again. When I was on my bus, I was reading about the Spring 2. Feel I appreciate the Spring AOP. I believe, to most Aspect issues, Spring AOP is a quick answer. It's not a comprehensive AOP impl, however, without introducing AspectJ into a project and it allows you enjoy Aspect programming. This is more impotent for those Java 1.4- versions users, Spring AOP is a good choice to Aspect issues.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring framework, Hibernate and MySQL Replication

the Art of Kindling a Light in the darkness of mere being

Exposed Domain Object implemented with Spring Aspect Transaction Control + AspectJ